Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nature Poem and Spring Sacrifice Poem

Boys, boys, boys.
Girls, girls, girls.
Come here and see some nature.
It is coming out of the ground.

We got grass.
We got weeds.
We got dandelions.
We got some kind of berry.

All coming up thru dead leaves.
Brown and moldy.
All coming up thru old newspapers.
Grey and moldy.

Look up in the trees.
Those round things are buds.
Leaves will come out of them.
The trees will be green.

These signs show that the Spring Sacrifices went well.
So many this year.
There were the regular ones.
Good Friday.
Passover.

Always some surprises.
Blood for blood.
Bone for bone.
Rock for rock.
Bomb for bomb.

But the sacrifices went well.
The blood flowed.
More than was expected.
The tally is not final.
The bookies WILL pay off.

That is how this thing works.round calendar.tongue
Spring Blood Sacrifice Fertilize.kill
Summer Heat Work Growth.forget
Fall Full Fat Harvest.rape
Winter Sleep Deep Dream.birth

Jump off. Stay on
Run off. Sit down.

Several known variants have been described in great detail.
See Veda.Tao.Oral.Secret.Book.Catalog.Cave.

Boys, boys, boys.
Girls, girls, girls.
Go over to the taco truck.
Today it is my treat.
Tomorrow you pay.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

What a poem! What a comment on society! Glad I stopped by. My favorite line among the rest of my favorites:"That is how this thing works."

9:37 AM, April 19, 2007  
Blogger Fred Garber said...

Pauline...welcome! Thank you for your comments. This poem had been rolling around inside of my skull for sometime and fell out yesterday. I made a quick trip to your blog today and enjoyed what I read. I will be going back!

10:13 AM, April 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting piece. I've reread it a few times and keep picking up more.

mb

1:59 PM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Fred Garber said...

MB...thanks! I am happy that you are back blogging!

8:49 AM, April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think it may be patchy for a while. Thanks so much for your supportive response.

10:46 AM, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home